Introducing Vulpes Lusor!

Welcome to Vulpes Lusor, the world's ONLY video game blog owned and operated by me in particular. I've been thinking about doing this for a while—I wanted a creative outlet with which to share my thoughts, opinions, and (most importantly) jokes about old video games, and since I'm more of a writer than a streamer, I decided to start a blog! If you've ever encountered the (extremely funny but sadly defunct) VGJunk, you'll have a decent idea of what to expect here, although I will probably not be publishing with his frequency. In short, I'll be discussing video games, in particular old video games and the history behind them, with focus on making silly jokes. Here is a (by no means exhaustive) list of the kinds of things I'll be taking a look at:

  • Individual old games
  • Old video game ephemera, including:
    • Box art
    • Magazine covers
    • Ads
    • Merchandise and promo items 
  • Old video game journalism, including reviews

Will this blog in all probability be abandoned within a month or two? You bet, but for now let's let the dream live, shall we?

In addition to being an introduction, this is also a call for material! Is there a game you'd like me to take a look at? A gaming-related topic or theme you'd like me to cover? Let me know in the comments! It can be as specific as a particular piece of box art you'd like me to point and laugh at, or as general as "hey, why don't you look at ads for Commodore 64 games?"

Please excuse the generic presentation as I get this thing up and running. I'm hoping to make this place look halfway-decent within a few months, assuming it lasts that long, which it probably won't. But I said we'd let the dream live, so I'm sure it will be very nice-looking soon enough. 

 And now, one final note:

"Vulpes Lusor"?

What's "Vulpes Lusor" mean? It's Latin for "game-playing fox" or "fox who plays games". Since I tend to go by variations of "Vulpes" on the internet, it seemed like natural choice. In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have chosen a name so close to "loser", but oh well, too late now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golf game covers with anime girls on them

Assessing the Accuracy of Old Video Games Set in 2025

Covers of games with the word "Arcturus" in the title